Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Blanket





Wow, I finally finished the receiving blanket I've been working on for Baby. It took a little more time than I thought it would but man it was well worth it. In fact, it turned out better than I thought it would. The time consuming part for me was cutting the two pieces of material to match up and then sewing them together. I was using a sewing machine from church that I swear was made in 1980. I'm sure it wasn't but it was lame all the same. Of course my Mother had to show me how to do the edging while I was home a couple weeks ago but she never did get to show me how to make the shells - that she had to explain to me over the phone and I think it turned out well. I would have finished it sooner but for some reason now in my pregnancy my hands go numb for no reason so after I'd make a handful of shells around the edges I'd have to take a break to get the feeling back in my fingers. Apparently it's normal but I'm sick of waking up in the middle of the night with my right arm numb and aching and me unable to go back to sleep for over an hour every time but that is a whole nother post in itself. Back to the blanket... I've posted a handful of pictures so you can get the idea of how it looks. A couple of the pics are the front and back of the blanket and the others are closeups on the edging I crocheted. And yes that is my GIANT LoveSac being used as the backdrop.

7 comments:

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

It looks nice, Jana. And I LOVE the colors. I'm sure your little baby will love it.:)

The Fullmer Family said...

WOW Jana, I'm impressed! However, I'm a bit insulted that you didn't like sewing on a machine from, what did you say, "1980"? I sew on one from the 70's all the time because Heath says I do just fine and he can't see letting me spend a couple hundred (OK a thousand) on the one I really want! LOL

You did a great job!

Heidi-Ho said...

Yipee, how beautiful. I did several of those too, then gave them all away, and now I have no ambition to do another.....Yipee just a few more weeks, and then we'll get to see that cute little boy!!!! ha ha ha. I think it's a boy by the way!!! Loveya.

Unknown said...

Jana your blanket turned out so cute. Who knew you were so talented. I can't believe you have less then a month left, I'm sure your just ready, I know I was when I was pregnant in the summer it's terrible.

Emily said...

I love the blankie, the best part is wrapping up your little one in it, which you will be doing sooon! I cant wait for HER to come, that's my guess...

Bethany said...

I'm so impressed. My mom made all mine. I'm a slacker in the home-making department. I love your blog!! We need to have a bbq when we get in our house!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.