Monday, March 2, 2009

Good-bye Ohio

My pilot hubby got a new job last month so we were off to Kansas. It's not Utah but we are sure getting closer. Avery reports to his new job next week but Kylie and I will stay behind to continue our adventures in babysitting. Perhaps it's my way of lingering the move to Kansas... Although from all the people I have talked to in our new area it seems to be a great place. In fact, I've found I have a cousin who lives near our new apartment. I just don't know said cousin. Never met him or if I have met him I was under the age of 4 and have no memory of it. The move is a good thing and I hope to love Kansas as much as I've loved Ohio. It will be sad to leave the friends and the volleyball circuit but I'm sure I will make new friends and hopefully Kansas has volleyball leagues.

Kylie on the other hand getting really big. She had her 6 month checkup last week. I can't believe she is 6 months old already. Time goes by so fast! She still fits in most of her 3-6 outfits but since I'm bored with her clothing I have transitioned her to 6-9 month clothing.... She weighs 16 lbs 9 oz and is 25 1/2 in long. She's a lot of fun. Very vocal, giggles a lot and makes friends everywhere I take her. She's sitting up on her own now and loves the jumperoo and catches some great air. She must have my hops...ha ha ha... If only I could get her to sleep through the night.

9 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

Good luck with your move...that's exciting!

deena said...

Harley was ready to go buy a camera on Saturday! It was good to "see" you guys! I can't believe Kylie is 6 months already. I haven't seen her enough for her to be getting so big!!! Glad you'll be a little closer, but still not close enough!

Ki-o-TEE said...

Of to Kansas, eh? Well, don't get swept up by any tornadoes and flown to OZ ;) Good luck with everything, Avery and Jana! Kylie sounds like a lot of fun, she's a cute little kid!

Maya said...

Good luck w/ the move! Are you going to fly or drive out there?

Somerset said...

It's a small world after all.... I took my mom on a date to the Hale Center Theater tonight and who should we sit by? Your mom and dad! Glad you and your cute family are doing so well!

Heidi-Ho said...

You'll do great in Kansas!! I'm sure you'll find some V-ball buddies and have as much fun as Ohio!!! We're doing great, and I tried to catch you the other day, but you must have been putting the little ones down!! Hope everything continues to go well with the move!! Love to you and you sweet family!!

The Kirk's said...

Maya- we are gonna drive to Kansas. My rents might fly out and drive with me and Kylie (Avery will already be there). I wanna make a mini vacation out of it and stop in Nauvoo. Haven't been there since the Temple was rebuilt

Emily said...

SOe day you will be able to say...I'm not in Kansas anymore! That's cool right?

Congrats on a new adventure! I am sure you will miss Ohio!

The Fullmer Times & Seasons said...

It's kind of exciting to move, right? We hope all is going well and you're adjusting to everything.