Thursday, January 7, 2010

Branson for the Weekend

My parents went to Branson, MO for 10 days with some of my Dad's siblings and since Kansas City is only about 4 hours from Branson our little family and my cousin Gene & his family (who live very close to us) took a road trip to see our parents for a few days. Despite being some of the youngest people in Branson we all had a great time. I made my "older" uncles, my cousins, of course Avery and my Dad ride the go-carts with mearents . We had a blast!

While there we ate great food, spent quality time with family (some I hadn't seen in 15 + yrs), went to two great shows: Chinese acrobats and of course a good old fashion Chuck Wagon dinner & show, went to church, and did a little Amish shopping. Somehow since we moved to Kansas I've been able to see my parents every 2 months and I'm loving it!


Unlce's Myron, Norris, me, Aunt Edna (Gene's Mom), Uncle Gary, my Dad, cousin Gene

Myron, Norris, Edna, Gary, and my Dad (there are 3 more siblings - my dad is youngest of 8 and also the tallest I might add) : )

Gene, Marjean, Jack, Edna, and Courtney (they are our one and only Family in Kansas)

part of the awesome go-cart course we rode

the gang at Olive Garden. of course Kylie just wanted to eat the high chair

Chuck wagon dinner and show fiddling solo


a trip isn't complete without a crying child afraid of a horse rocker

No comments: